Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Benefit Big 10

Hello all!
Right before I left CA on Black Friday, I stopped by the mall and picked up this neat little set at Sephora. This is the description of the set according to the Sephora website:

What it is:
A travel-size set of 10 small wonders that pack a big punch.

What it does:
This set includes the biggest hits of the season: primers, concealers, lip-and-cheek tints, highlighters, and blushes. This set packs all the Benefit legends you love in conveniently compact sizes.

This set contains:
- 0.1 oz Dandelion (soft pink)
- 0.11 oz Erase Paste in No. 2 Medium *
- 0.08 oz Benetint (rose)
- 0.08 oz High Beam (luminous pink)
- 0.08 oz Posietint (poppy pink)
- 0.08 oz Ooh La Lift
- 0.08 oz Stay Don't Stray
- 0.25 oz That Gal
- 0.25 oz The Porefessional
- 0.1 oz Bella Bamba (watermelon pink)

I could not pass up the chance to try 10 Benefit products that I had never tried before with a price tag of just $32! So after using these products quite a bit here is how I feel about them:

Dandelion (Brightening Face Powder/Blush)- This is nice to top off your look, it gives it a bit of lightness/freshness by adding a little bit of dimension. It's a very light shimmery pressed powder. Some reviews I've read say this is a great blush, and perhaps it is for fair skin tones, but it comes off very sheer on me.
Erase Paste No. 2 Medium (cream concealer)- This is a nice slightly peachy concealer. It has great coverage for both blemishes and undereyes. I did not find that it settled in any of my fine lines and it did not make my blemishes worse. It's very creamy, so I think this would be especially great for those with dry skin/under eye area


Benetint (liquid face color for cheeks & lips)- I am not a huge fan of this product. I didn't find it to be very blendable, and it seemed to make my face makeup smear and look streaky. 


High Beam (liquid highlight)- This is a super shimmery pink tinted liquid highlighter. It's great in moderation. I suggest putting in on the back of your hand first and not applying it directly to the face, or you might look a bit crazy.

Posietint (liquid face color for cheeks & lips)- I had the same issues with this as I did the benetint, with the added disappointment that the color barely shows up on my skin.


Ooh La Lift (under eye brightener-liquid)-I do like the brightness that this gives to the area under my eyes. It makes my face look fresher and more awake. However, when I dabbed this on over my erase paste and powder it made everything wet and smeared a bit.


Stay Don't Stray (eyelid primer)-Good eye primer, as long as you remember less is more. The first few times I tried this I think I too much and I was crease city within an hour. When I used less, it did increase the staying power of my eyeshadow. However, I don't feel it's any better than my $1 elf primer.


That Gal (face primer)- I liked this product in theory. It's a face primer that is supposed give a subtle glow under your makeup. Maybe it's a little too subtle, because once I put my face on I did not feel that there was a noticeable difference. And as a primer, I think the next product does a much better job.


The Porefessional (face primer)- This is probably my favorite product of the bunch. It is a beige colored primer that is supposed to reduce the look of pores. I do feel like it fills them in nicely and gives your face an amazing satiny feeling. I also feel like it did help to keep my makeup on all day.


Bella Bamba (blush)- This is a very gorgeous watermelon colored blush. I think it would work with many different skin tones. It is very pigmented so just remember to use a light hand.


Overall I'd give this set a 7/10. This really is a fantastic deal, you get 10 mini products for only $32. You are getting a variety of products with enough of each to get a good idea of whether or not you would want to purchase the full size. I bought this 2 months ago, and I'm not even close to finishing them. I will continue to play with these, but if you have an idea of way to use these that I have not yet though of (especially the Benetint & Posietint) please let me know, as I would love to be able to actually use these up.

XO-The Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Adobe Flash player