Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pick of the Week!

Hello lovelies!
Sorry that this is so late, I have been in CA for the last week and didn't get home until late last night.
Enough excuses, let's get started. This product is one that I have been using a lot since I got it in my Cyber Monday elf haul. It is the elf Studio Mascara Primer. I had heard people say that they liked it, but I wasn't sure why because I didn't really understand what it did. So I decided to give it a try with a couple different mascaras and in different amounts (light layer and thick). I do like this product, I feel like it adds length and thickness before you apply your mascara, intensifying the the look. It also helps your mascara stay longer, flake less, and glide on smoother. It even makes my lashes feel more conditioned and it seems like it's easier to remove my mascara at the end of the day when I use this.




How many of us have a bunch of half used mascaras in our collection that we stopped using because they weren't all that great? I know I have a few. What's great about this primer is that it can take a so-so mascara and make it great! For example, I have been using it with my NYC Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara which isn't terrible but it's not really anything special on it's own. When I used the primer first then used the NYC Mascara, I had noticeably more intense lashes. They looked awesome! 



I've found that it works best if you use a light-to moderate amount, to where they start to look white but not clumpy, then let it sit for a few seconds before you apply your mascara. They only negative I've noticed is that with the extra product weighing them down my curl doesn't last as long. I think it's a great product to add some oomph to your look or to help you use up some long forgotten products.

Til next time
The Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Adobe Flash player