Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fun In The Sun!

Happy Monday!

I don't know about you but the weather here in Southern California is finally starting to heat up and I couldn't be happier! In with the bright sun dresses and out with the drab sweaters.

I want to talk about something that is so important to me, sunscreen! I know what everyone is thinking, "but I am so pale from winter I need my tan!" My advice if you do want some color is to use a sunscreen with a lower SPF like a 25 or 30, SPF 8 does not count, and gradually get some color or try sunless tanner. Please for your sake stay away from the tanning beds.

I bring to you some of my favorite ways to stay safe through those hot summer days.

Favorite Face Sunscreen: Sport Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 70+
For only $9.99, this face lotion is a steal. It's a little heavy but when you plan on being outside for a long time for a great summer hike, this is the lotion for you. I am a runner and so I can can get pretty sweaty, even though I can be out on the road for hours I have yet to get sun burned when wearing Sport Face.


Favorite Body Sunscreen: Wet Skin Sunblock Spray SPF 50
  For $9.99, I love this spray sunscreen. You can apply in seconds and it works really well. No sticky residue and is perfect for beach days and pool side fun.


Right about now you are probably thinking SPF 70+ and 50? The Artist has lost it. But you only get one set of skin so take care of it! What do I do when I when I want some color? Sunless tanners. I few years ago, sunless tanners where gross and turned everyone Oompa Loompa orange, theses days there are some really great options.


The Natural Glow Firming is my favorite from Jergens it contains contains six anti-cellulite ingredients, which is always a plus. Even though I am super pale I still use the Medium to Tan Skin tone, I feel the Light Skin formula doesn't give me enough color. Natural Glow will run you about $8.00 at Target.


Favorite All Over Body in salon Tanner: Versa Spa
Even though Versa Spa is a little pricier than it's popular counter part Mystic, I have found it to be a much better all over tan. For my pale skin Mystic turns me very funny colors. But with Versa I have tried light, medium and dark tones all of which have looked great and natural. Prices are around $30 for one session and you can get packages that will include multiple tans for a lower price.

I hope you enjoyed my advice and suggestions for this summer, be safe out there and have fun!
~The Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Adobe Flash player